Strategy & Operations
Ready to help businesses unlock their full potential? We’d be happy to have you on board!
Come Work With Us
We’re young professionals with a passion for innovation and people. Making organisations work in the most efficient way possible—that’s what we do. Together with our clients, we create optimal workflows, systems and processes that drive them towards their business goals.
Besides being ambitious and forward-looking, we strongly believe in the power of co-creation. Instead of deciding about the people, we prefer to decide with the people. Our goal is to create straightforward solutions that everyone can and wants to work with. That’s how we leave our clients optimistic and self-reliant—ready to achieve lasting success.
Your role at VW&S
As our Strategy & Operations Consultant, your job is to help our clients work smarter, faster, and better. You work on external projects, optimising workflows and systems. Leading the projects independently, you guide your team towards a successful outcome. In addition, you work on improving our internal organisation and strengthening our services.
Most of the time, you’re working at the client’s office (on site or from home). Besides, you often drop by our workplace in the heart of Amsterdam. Here, we gather to exchange views, work together on projects or just have a good time!
Here’s what you’ll do
- Lead your team – You’re in charge of medior consultants, junior consultants, and a team assistant. You stay on top of daily assignments and provide structure, making sure your team knows what to do. Reporting to our Project & Process Manager, you monitor the quality of the projects. You effectively assign tasks and responsibilities, making sure all the work gets done. When the client requires additional expertise, you step in.
- Advise our clients – You advise clients on how to operate more effectively. You identify problems and obstacles, informing them on what works and what doesn’t. Next, you craft fitting solutions and follow up by implementing and managing new approaches. You maintain great relationships with our clients and keep close watch on our performance—always on the lookout for improvements.
- Improve our organisation – You work on strengthening our internal organisation, improving our workflows and services. You monitor the evolving landscape in- and outside of VW&S, spotting new opportunities. You identify structural internal issues and transform them into improved work processes. Not afraid to give unsolicited advice, you proactively make proposals to boost quality and growth.
- Coach and inspire – Drawing on your extensive experience, you coach and inspire your colleagues to bring out their best. You recognize your team member’s talents and needs, helping them develop and grow. You know how to design a daily structure that makes everyone feel comfortable, empowering them to do the best job possible.
- Land new business – You’re in charge of acquisition, approaching potential clients and bringing in new business.
Other things you should know
- You’re free to choose whether you want to work part-time or full-time (24-36 hours/week).
We’re looking for you if …
- You’re an experienced (in-house) consultant in the field of change management and process improvement.
- You have at least 4 years of work experience, with 3 years of experience in supervising and coaching teams.
- You’ve completed a bachelor’s degree (HBO/WO). Ideally, you hold a master’s degree as well.
Your skill set
- You’re a pro at strategic thinking, with a good understanding of the workings of our and client’s organisations. You have a keen eye for both daily tasks and the wider goals of the organisation.
- You stay calm under any circumstance and handle challenges creatively and constructively.
- After considering all relevant information, you quickly turn words into action, ensuring long-term effectiveness.
- You know how to communicate effectively with others and are great at building positive relationships.
- You’re sensitive to organisational cultures and politics, and know how to navigate them in a diplomatic way.
- You enjoy taking initiative and are passionate about what you do.
- You attend to the wishes and needs of the client, without losing sight of the end result.
- And last but not least—you’re a great team player and enjoy having fun!
Great to have, but not necessary
- You know how to work with the working methods Lean, Six Sigma or Agile.
What it’s like to work with us
We’re happy to welcome you to our close-knit, passionate team. And did we mention young? Our average age is just around 30. This doesn’t mean yours has to be, too—as long as you’re young at heart 😉
We focus on delivering results and creating hands-on solutions. We address clients and each other with an open mind, transparent manners, and an approachable attitude.
To us, life is not just about working—a good work-life balance is key. That’s why our full-time contract consists of 36 hours per week, leaving you plenty of time for other passions.
Want to work early mornings, late nights or weekends? No problem! With us, you’re free to schedule your own hours. In addition, you may work from home several days a week, depending on the ongoing projects and client’s needs.
There’s more …
- Competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience
- Transparent bonus structure
- Vacation pay and 13th month
- Apple MacBook, including accessories (on loan)
- Telephone allowance
- Travel allowance
- Pension plan
- 25 vacation days—plus one day off on your birthday
- The opportunity to contribute one day a year to a social cause of your choice
Sounds like you?
Are you the one we’re looking for? Send us your application, we’d be happy to meet you! Do you have any questions about the position? Please get in touch!