Junior Operational Consultant
Ready to help businesses unlock their full potential? We’d be happy to have you on board!
Come Work With Us
We’re young professionals with a passion for innovation and people. Making organisations work in the most efficient way possible—that’s what we do. Together with our clients, we create optimal workflows, systems, and processes that drive them towards their business goals.
Besides being ambitious and forward-looking, we strongly believe in the power of co-creation. Instead of deciding about the people, we prefer to decide with the people. Our goal is to create straightforward solutions that everyone can and wants to work with. That’s how we leave our clients optimistic and self-reliant—ready to achieve lasting success.
Your role at VW&S
As our Operational Consultant, your job is to help our clients work smarter, faster, and better. You support our medior and senior consultants in projects for a variety of organisations, working on sub-projects of a larger change journey. In addition, you’re responsible for various operational activities.
Most of the time, you’re working at the client’s office (on site or from home). Besides, you often drop by our workplace in the heart of Amsterdam. Here, we gather to exchange views, work together on projects or just have a good time!
Here’s what you’ll do
- Help your team succeed – You assist your team in doing the best job possible. Together, you help clients optimise their workflows, processes and systems. From developing process diagrams to implementing new work environments, from designing a Powerpoint to creating an Excel overview—you handle things effortlessly.
- Keep projects running smoothly – You keep in touch with your colleagues across all departments, making sure each project is up-to-date. You execute tasks in a correct and timely manner.
- Provide support at all levels – With an eye for both small details and the bigger picture, you’re ready to respond effectively to any request. You have a clear understanding of how things work and ask the right questions when needed. Your team can truly rely on you as their go-to person whenever they need assistance.
- Develop your insights – Working with your colleagues, you gradually start to see the bigger picture. You learn how to build an optimization process and how to handle all elements involved.
Other things you should know
- You’re free to choose whether you want to work part-time or full-time (24-36 hours/week).
We’re looking for you if …
- You’re at the start of your career. You have 1-2 years of work experience in handling processes and projects—consulting experience is not necessary.
Your skill set
- You’re eager to work in a team where you’ll be partially independent, but can rely on guidance as well.
- You’re a great communicator. You listen attentively to your team members to understand their requests. You interact in a clear and structured way.
- You enjoy cooperating with a wide range of colleagues.
- You stay focused and keep the goal clearly in mind, even when tasks become repetitive.
- You have great business sense, with a general understanding of how our organisation works. In addition, you know how to quickly gain insight into the client’s operations and processes.
- You enjoy taking initiative and are passionate about what you do.
- You attend to the wishes and needs of the client, without losing sight of the end result.
- And last but not least—you’re a great team player and enjoy having fun!
Great to have, but not necessary
- You’ve completed an education in business administration, management and organisational science, or a similar field dealing with business structures and process optimization.
- You know how to work with the working methods Lean, Six Sigma or Agile.
What it’s like to work with us
We’re happy to welcome you to our close-knit, passionate team. And did we mention young? Our average age is just around 30. This doesn’t mean yours has to be, too—as long as you’re young at heart 😉
We focus on delivering results and creating hands-on solutions. We address clients and each other with an open mind, transparent manners, and an approachable attitude.
To us, life is not just about working—a good work-life balance is key. That’s why our full-time contract consists of 36 hours per week, leaving you plenty of time for other passions.
Want to work early mornings, late nights or weekends? No problem! With us, you’re free to schedule your own hours. In addition, you may work from home several days a week, depending on the ongoing projects and client’s needs.
There’s more …
- Competitive salary based on your knowledge and experience
- Transparent bonus structure
- Vacation pay and 13th month
- Apple MacBook, including accessories (on loan)
- Telephone allowance
- Travel allowance
- Pension plan
- 25 vacation days—plus one day off on your birthday
- The opportunity to contribute one day a year to a social cause of your choice
Sounds like you?
Are you the one we’re looking for? Send us your application, we’d be happy to meet you! Do you have any questions about the position? Please get in touch!